Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 Golden Globes: The Ladies

Ahh, the Golden Globes - my favorite awards show of the year.

The stars really came out in their Sunday best for 2011, and although Ricky Gervais made me (and the rest of the audience) feel supremely uncomfortable with his tasteless humor, the fashion more than made up for it:

(Top 5 Best)

Love the long-sleeves we saw this year, but Anne Hathaway knocked everyone out of the park with this one:

Armani Prive

I normally don't prefer Calvin Klein's minimalistic designs, but Emma Stone and Claire Danes both rocked it out in these bright, body-conscious frocks:

Calvin Klein Collection

Calvin Klein Collection

Texture is always in style, and the young (and talented) actress from True Grit got it all right in this age appropriate yet red-carpet-worthy Prabal Gurung:

Prabal Gurung

And older, more sophisticated Catherine Zeta-Jones graced us all in this gorgeous green gown:

Monique Lhuillier





(Top 5 Worst)

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra - what in the world happened to you? Do you want to make it that obvious that you're going through a rough year?

Jenny Packham

Are we a '70s housewife or a 21st Century movie star?

Valentino

I hate, hate, hate this - the red lips, the big bow, the lack of a waistline - barf:

Oscar de la Renta



No comment:
Marc Jacobs

Nicole, you're better than this.  I expected more from you:

Prada



(Green)

While I despise her, I love this Versace - it reminds me of the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz:

Versace

A-:


Vera Wang

Strapless is not working for you:

Donna Karan



(Blush)

Big winner, newly engaged, and first time mother-to-be, Natalie Portman, glowed in her whimsical Viktor & Rolf creation (it wasn't the best choice, but I bet you'll never forget it):

Viktor & Rolf

You annoy me:

Oscar de la Renta

I like this color, but not the design:

Armani Prive
. . . the heels are stunners, though:

Brian Atwood

Where are your Spanx when you need them?




(Nude)

Gorgeous, love the hair, love the dress, love the nails:

J. Mendel

Is it wrong for me to say this looks a little trashy?

Max Azria

Too monotone, girlfriend - seek thee out color and/or sunlight:



Love It or Hate It?: A tad too sexy or just right?

Douglas Hannant


(Ruffles, Beading, Texture, Oh My!)

Bride of Frankenstein hair, indeed, but I think the dress is nice, n'est-ce pas?:

Elie Saab

Ugh, there you are.  You look like whatever:

Badgley Mischka

I admit that Leighton is trying too hard to be different, but she looks soft and edgy (with her Jimmy Choo shoes and her amazing Louis Vuitton purse) and I like it:

Burberry Prorsum

Her complexion is a tad fair for this color, but the detailing is beautiful:

Tadashi Shoji

Now, this is how one should look at the Golden Globes - sparkly and fabulous:

Oliver Tolentino
Pretty dress, eh hair:

Marchesa
. . . the shoes don't really go:

Christian Louboutin
Too burlesque-y for my taste:

Zuhair Murad

Miss Golden Globes, Gia Mantegna, looking absolutely lovely:


Most Improved Player:

Zuhair Murad

The dress is not great, but Helen Mirren is still my idol:

$1.6M Cartier necklace

Blech:

Armani Prive



(Blues)

Boring:

Marchesa
Ugly:

L'Wren Scott

I am still trying to find something positive to say about this look . . .

Rebecca Taylor

This looks way too big for J.Lo.Hew:

Romona Keveza

Preggy, I mean pretty:

Badgley Mischka



(Red)

Everyone was going goo-goo-ga-ga over this dress . . . and while I enjoy the tassel skirt and her gorgeous hairdo, I'm not such a huge fan of the bodice.  Sometimes less is not more, January Jones. 

Versace

This is just kind of sad:



Wow, that is a lot of red:

Romona Keveza

The front of this dress was divine (the corseted back, not so much):

Vera Wang



(Citrus)


Tilda Swinton will never conform, so let's just embrace her and her pink shoes:

Jil Sander

No good, Julianne, no good:

Lanvin

Eh:

Emilio Pucci

Awful:



Ruching (Gone Wrong):




(Black)

I love the cap sleeves:

Marc Bouwer

Young, fresh, and romantic:

Louis Vuitton

Old, dowdy, and claustrophobic:

Marchesa

Lots of Zac Posen:

Zac Posen

Zac Posen

Zac Posen

Way too much:

Romona Keveza

Glee Girl #1, you are killing me with the pink bracelet:

David Meister

Glee Girl #2, you look like you are killing yourself by starvation:

Alberta Ferretti

Glee Girl #3, you are lovely and age appropriate, as always:

Ali Rahimi

The dress is hideous, but Halle is a dream:

Nina Ricci



Hot Mess(es)

I feel as if this is what a headache looks like:

Vivienne Westwood

This dress is not precious:

Marc Bouwer

0 comments:

Post a Comment